Kerleys Real Estate was established in 1910 by James T. Kerley. James and his two sons, Frank & Neil forged what was to become an institution in the city of Geelong selling real estate and furniture. Frank branched out to the coast in the early 1960's to the seaside village of Point Lonsdale. The rest is history.
The company remains a family owned business and trades with pride under the Kerley name.
If you're wondering what else was happening in 1910....
- Alfred Deakin was Prime Minister and owned a house in Point Lonsdale
- King Edward VII dies and his son George V becomes King of the United Kingdom
- The Royal Australian Navy is created with the passing of the Australian Naval Defence Act
- Geelong was declared a city
- Comedy King won the Melbourne Cup
- The Dethridge wheel was developed which was used to measure irrigation flow to farms
- The Victorian Football League introduced the "free kick"and North Melbourne won the flag.
- The T - Model Ford came off the production line
Since 1910, and now one of the oldest family owned real estate agencies in Australia, and very proud of it.